Thursday, January 26, 2012

Princess Party Invitations


My first born is turning 4!  She has been planning her party for at least 9 months now and it is finally time!  I can't believe it's been 4 years already.  I've been told time and time again to cherish my kids because they grow so fast.  That advice is not to be taken lightly.  There was no way i could have prepared myself for the highly charged sparkly experience that is raising a princess.
She is one of the most amazing children i have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Often times i look at her and i can't believe she is mine and that I made her with my body.  I'm so deeply proud of her everyday and also proud of myself.   I've raised her to be this imaginative, articulate, highly emotional taller then average diva.  She has this huge personality that is incredibly fiesty and outspoken balanced with a strong sense of compassion and thoughtfulness.  She asks approximately 1.3 million questions a day and changes her clothes no less then 3-4 times on any given day.  You will usually find her wearing some combination of sparkly princess dress, tiara, jewelry and plastic high heels.  She also drives an Escalade power wheels, rocks Gucci rain boots and orders herself cranberry and clubsoda no ice when we go out to dinner. 
  It was only appropriate that we hold her 4th birthday celebration at Sweet & Sassy .  Princess Layla and all her princess friends will be dressed up in beautiful gowns, have their hair put up in a fairytale up-do and have sparkly makeup and nail polish applied.  There will be dancing and a crowning ceremony where they all will receive tiaras and princess certificates.  Then I get to feed everyone! (I'll blog about the food later)

I made these invitations using Coordinations paper that was pink on one side and black on the other.  I used the "girls makeup party" cricut cartridge and applied the embossing to the front of the purses with my cuttlebug.  I then inked the embossed paper which gave the purse more texture and dimension.  Before adding the black "handle" i painted on a little crystal stickles glitter glue so it would be sparkly behind the letters.  I finished it with a big sparkly 20 mm faceted acrylic jewel because we love bling!  The inside of the invitation was designed in illustrator.  (See mom, i'm using my college education) 
Here are some pictures






1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest invitation I've ever seen! Great job..
    Tiffani T

    ReplyDelete